Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tip for Tricky Chippy

Hey there everyone,

One of my recent design team chipboard titles posed a slight bit of a challenge compared to usual. I had no photos what so ever that would fit the title as is so I had to think outside of the box.

The title was Outback and even though I may live in sunny QLD, I have never been to the outback as such or have any photos that would even look remotely...outback-ish!

We often end up with chipboard titles through our stash collecting that may not suit anything we've got in our photo collection but there is still a way to make the best of such titles, simply through a bit of alteration.

So here is my layout:

 As you can see I simply chopped the title in half to create two words and added some alpha stickers in between to expand on the title, thus becoming : Hanging out the back.
 To give the title a slightly dirty, outdoors look, I inked the edges with some vintage photo distress ink but otherwise kept the chipboard raw.
Now, instead of a challenging chipboard title I have no idea what to do, I have a layout that I totally love! Could not be happier with how this turned out.

The great thing is that chipboard is so easy to cut, colour and alter, so you are only limited by your imagination. Don't hesitate to seperate your titles if it fits better with the flow of your layout. You may even get two layouts out of the one title if you cut them into pieces at times.

Have fun.

Holly xo

2 comments: