Friday, April 26, 2013

Some last minute Challenge Inspiration

Hi everyone! Amy back today to share some last minute inspiration for this month's A2Z Scraplets challenge. Have you entered yet? You can view the details here.

The challenge this month was set by the fabulous Belinda and is a quote challenge. The quote to use is "You Brighten Up My Day".



For my layout I have used some fabulous bright Echo Park Papers  along with some white cardstock and Dylusions Ink Splatters. 


The A2Z Scraplets I have used on this layout is the fabulous Starburst 2 - Large which comes in 2 pieces. I have used this piece so many times and I still have so many more ideas to use it.


For this layout I have trimmed the starburst inner piece to create random length banner looking starbursts. To decorate I have used a sponge and very roughly added some thin White Gesso followed by 3 different shades of PanPastel Colours. I started on the edgesWhite, then the middle with Diarylide Tint, followed by Diarylide Yellow in the very centre. Each time I added a darker colour, I have swept th Sofft Sponge outwards to create the gorgeous Gradual tone. To finish it off I have sprayed some Fixative and Laquer over the top.


You can checkout the Large Starburst 2 Shape on the A2Z Scraplets website here

Don't forget to head on over to the April Challenge here and enter before Midnight on the 30th April! 

Until next time, happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xx

2 comments: