Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Birthday Girl

Hi everyone! Today I am back to share a layout that I have created as a Guest Designer for Berry71Bleu this month. The challenge was to use the May Once Upon a Time Sketch Challenge as well as incorporate some chipboard so of course I used some A2Z Scraplets on my page.


I decided to use some 7 Dots Studio Patterned Paper and elements for this layout. To start I have added some texture to a white 12x12 piece of cardstock. To do this, I have used an A2Z Scraplets Masklet with some Viva Decor Pearl Modelling Paste. When this was dry, I have doodled around a couple of the arrows. As you can see, I have used the stencil 2 different ways for a more interesting visual effect. 


To decorate the birthday present A2Z Scraplet Chipboard piece, I have used 4 different shades of Perfect Pearls Powder that were all mixed with some Texture Paste. I made the paste really thick so it would create some fun texture on the chipboard. When this was dry, I have inked the top with some Black Archival Ink.


Before I started layering my elements down, I decided I wanted some colour on the background. To do this I have simply splattered some Pink Dylusions Ink as well as some Blue Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst Stain Spray. To create splatters easily, I spray some of the mist into the lid of the bottle and then hold above my page about 30cm and drop. If you want to create a bigger splash go a little further and vice versa.


The Birthday Girl Chipboard title was trimmed to fit my layout better and I have coated the letters with some Pearl Viva Decor Modelling Paste very roughly to create lots of texture. I then inked the top with some Black Archival Ink and moved onto the Cupcake Chipboard piece that I had removed. To decorate this I have simply sprayed some Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst Stain Spray over.


The last chipboard element, the double photo frames, were coated with some of the fabulous 7 Dots Studio co-ordinating papers and then the edges were sanded back roughly. I have also sanded back the edges of all my layers of paper to add some more white distressing but then I decided to ink around the edges of some of the stickers and embellishments with Archival Black Ink to add some more black distressing to the page.

Here are those fabulous A2Z Scraplets products that I have used on this layout. Click on the links to view and purchase on the website :)





Well that is it from me today everyone! I hope that I have helped inspire you all to get creating with some amazing A2Z Scraplets products in your stash. Don't forget to head on over to the website to stock up on your favourites.

Until next time, happy scrapping!
Amy Prior xx

No comments:

Post a Comment