Thursday, September 19, 2013

Shabby Chic Inspiration with tonnes of A2Z Scraplets products

Hi everyone! Amy Prior back today to share a layout full of A2Z Scraplets goodies.

The layout is titled Daughter and the A2Z Scraplets products that I have used include Shapes-Doily 1, Theme Set - A Mother's Love, Paisley 46 - Set of 2, Leaves Stencilet & Masklet, Daughter - Word - Small.


The patterned papers that I have used are from the Kaisercraft True Romance Collection and I have also added lots of the Kaisercraft True Romance Die Cuts as well.


The background has been masked with the A2Z Scraplet Leaves Stencilet using Modelling Paste. The stencil is only 18cm x 18cm so I have used it 4 times on my 12x12 paper. First in the top left corner and bottom right corner, then I have dried with my heat gun before finishing the remaining two corners. This was so I did not squash or ruin the pattern as I moved the stencil around.


Heating Modelling paste with a heat gun is not only great for impatient people like me, but it also can add a really cool bubbled up effect to the modelling paste if you heat it until it boils and bubbles. Be careful though as I am sure it won't be fun if a bubble pops on you.


Tucked in under my layers of paper is this gorgeous Melissa Frances Vellum Envelope and tag with some Satin Seam Binding added to help pull the tag out and the tag contains my journalling about the gorgeous photo of my eldest Mia. The love hearts from the A2Z Scraplets A Mother's Love Theme Set have been given a good swipe of Modelling Paste and then a coat of Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio Plumeria Pink. When I swiped the modelling paste I literally used my palette knife with the paste as if I was buttering my toast for breakfast.


The Daughter title has been given a really rough coat of Modelling Paste and I have then turned it upside down on my craft sheet, squished it down so the modelling paste was stuck good and then lifted it off to get this really messy random texture effect.


The fabulous Doily Shape has been coated with coordinating patterned paper from the Kaisercraft True Romance Collection and I have sanded back the edges to add a shabby effect and to fix up any errors I made when trimming around the paper. All the patterned papers were also distressed on the edges slightly to add the perfect touch of shabby and then I have sprayed the Paisley 46 - Set of 2 with some Heidi Swapp Chantreuse Color Shine Mist to add some more green and glimmer to the layout.

I have layered everything using Helmar Scrap Dots and X-Press IT Foam Tape.

Here are those scraplets again with links back to the A2Z Scraplets website to purchase. Don't forget that you can now purchase direct from the wholesaler! Yep that's right you can purchase direct from A2Z Scraplets and seriously have you seen the prices on the website they are insane!?

   
  



Well that is it from me today, I hope I have inspired you all to get creative with your A2Z Scraplets Chipboard and stencils. Until next time, happy scrapping!
Amy Prior xx


1 comment: