Thursday, June 18, 2015

Reverse Canvas FUN!


Hi there! Have you tried creating a Reverse Canvas yet?? If not, what's stopping you? They're super easy and look amazing! Here is one I created using an oval canvas by Mont Marte, the Fly Free collection by Kaisercraft and the A2Z Scraplet Doodlet 29.

First up I punched out a bunch of hexagons with my Fiskars Hexagon punch and outlined them with a gold gel pen. They were then glued down onto the reverse of the canvas. The photo was matted, outlined and mounted on foam tape to give dimension.

The A2Z Scraplet Doodlet 29 was coated with Stampendous Aged Gold embossing enamel. I didn't have any embossing ink so I just used a glue stick to adhere the embossing enamel before melting it with the heat gun. I'm not sure if it changed the effect as I've only used it with glue, but I LOVE it! It's so chunky and bold! Check out the range of embossing powders and enamels from A2Z Scraplets HERE.




I added a strip of patterned paper around the inside edge, and Kaisercraft Ribbon Roses around the frame. Some very cutesy flowers from Scrapping Life were clustered over the corner of the Scraplet to finish. 


What did I tell you? Too easy! I sure hope this has inspired you to create your very own reverse canvas. OH and a little TIP... If you want to ensure dust doesn't settle on your masterpiece, glue a piece of acetate over the frame before adding your ribbon roses.

Until next time, keep calm and craft on!
Karyn :)






1 comment:

  1. This is lovely - and I especially love your tip about the acetate!

    ReplyDelete