Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Disco night in the neighborhood

In the beginning of summer we traditionally have a Disco night in the neighborhood to celebrate that schools out for the summer. Everyone in the neighborhood are welcome to dance, mingle and chat for a few hours. We even have a real DJ. It is mostly the mums that dance... and drink wine together... very cosy... a nice tradition.


I covered the background with clear gesso first, then added lots of mist and stamps.




I have used masks and heavy gesso to make the pattern and then I added some matte gel and small blue pearls.



I first covered the scraplet with distress ink (Peacock feathers) and then dried. Then I used an embossing pen to color just the area inside the lines. I colored one letter at a time and embossed with gold embossing to make sure there was a rich coverage. 



Supply:
FabScraps Royal Baby collection
Gesso, masks, mist, stamps, matte gel
Flowers, leafs, pins, pearls
Flag clips, buttons, brads
Distress ink, gold embossing powder, embossing pen
A2Z Scraplets used:
Disco Night Word



1 comment:

  1. this is gorgeous, love the background and the journaling :)

    ReplyDelete