Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Dies, Lots of Lovely Dies

Hi Everybody,  Lauren up on the blog today with some inspiration for you.


Yes I made a card or two for you, did you expect something different?  Well it's probably best not to set your sights too high, that way I will keep surprising you and you will think I am much more clever than I might be!!! :)



Another 5"x5" card, these are my favourite as they are a good size and not too big.  I have edged around the front panel and the card with ink just to give the card a border.  The ribbon is seam binding and I am liking this stuff as much as I do organza ribbon.  It ruffles beautifully and the bows sit really well and can be manipulated if not quite sitting how you want them.  Here is a link to the tutorial of the ruffled ribbon on my youtube channel, there are also a couple of other basic tutorials there as well.

I have used four Memory Box dies on this card, Tall Chloe Stem No 98773  (the short one could be used as it is behind the heart), Grand Heart No98254 with La Rue Heart No98255 over it and the flowers are made using Petal Party No98304




The little flowers are perfect for this card with a coloured pearl in the centre to make them pop.  The flowers have been inked just on the very edge of them for a little definition.


So then I must have been on a roll because I made another card for you (well for someone close to me)





This one has an embossed background, with some very pretty lace across the bottom quarter of the card.  The chipboard hearts have been coated with gesso and then painted with Ranger Distress Paint Victorian Velvet and then stamped with a fine script stamp from Stamp-It Australia.

Again I have used four dies on this card, Memory Box Gold Finch No98756, Poppy Stamps Garden Sprig No930, Poppy Stamps Small Garden Sprig No 931 and Fancy Blossoms No98312.

All were cut from white cardstock and inked to the chosen colour, assembled and arranged on the card.  The 'In Sympathy' Chipboard piece is from A2ZScraplets, but might need to be special ordered as they were given to me by Deb.




Oh I hope you like these cards today.  Teddy (you know Teddy don't you?) and I have worked hard on them for your viewing pleasure!!!! :) 

Have fun!!!

Lauren xx









No comments:

Post a Comment