Monday, April 16, 2018

Addicted 2 Gaming - by Brenda Caldow

Hello and welcome to A2Z Scraplets Blog, Brenda here with you today to share my latest creation using the A2Z chippies. I have two to share with you today, one corner cogs and the other is my title chippie - Addicted 2 Gaming. This title one is so true of my eldest son Riley who loves the Xbox so much and uses it as his way to unwind from his busy days.



Steampunk Cog Corner

To start and give this the steampunk look I wanted I first covered it with modeling paste. I then used my heat gun and heated it up till it bubbled. Once this was done I then coated it with Black Gesso and heat dried that too. I'm not much on waiting for things to dry and if I can get the same effect by heating I do. You need to make sure all the white modeling paste is covered with the Gesso. Once this is done I then sprayed it with a Perfect Pearls mist all over. After this is done I then heated it again with the heat gun and when you do that you will find it stays in the cracks and gaps not in the peaks which is easier to see in the second photo. 
 


It is now time to finish off that final steampunk look. For this I used Inka Gold in several different colours. I love this product even though its a little messy, it's so easy to use. All you need to do is put a small amount on your finger and rub over the areas you want it, even blending the colours. 




Addicted 2 Gaming

 This chippie is a great title one as I love the control with it. I must admit though I have put some things in the wrong spot on it according to my son. 
With this chippie I painted the control white and used a block paint pen on it for the buttons. I then went over it with a Wink Of Stella clear pen.
For the words I painted them also and then rubbed a little of the Inka Gold over it but just a little so the paint colours still showed through.


I hope you have like seeing my page and that I have been able to show you a new technique. Please make sure you keep scrolling to see what the otther DT girls have created for you.
 Don't forget to hop on over to the Facebook page and join in on this months challenge, it's loads of fun. Happy Crafting xxx

 

1 comment: